Sunday, February 24, 2008

POTD Feb 24th





A couple of people yesterday asked about where these shots were taken. It's in Brooklyn and the fence is in the front of a brownstone on my street. Obviously this place is full of them, so I'll have to go out some time and find some more interesting ones to photograph.

We've had a heao of snow here lately, but with sick kids, today was the first time I could get out. I didn't find much worth taking. All the snow is disturbed now, I wanted to get some hanging on leaves, that sort of thing, but didn't have any luck. Also ran out of light since Michael had been out with the gear taking shot of the city today.

Anyway, here are some tree photos from the park. I converted them to emphasise the silhouetted shapes against the snow. Not sure they are much good, but I think they are interesting.

20 comments:

Kristi said...

I love that second one. These are really interesting...I like your conversions a lot!!

amazing grace said...

this is what our outside looks like, too!!! ready for green!

Jess said...

These are beautiful~ I love all the lines and patterns the tree limbs make!

Amy said...

I like them a lot, my favorite is the second one!

Anonymous said...

Love these especially the second one! Just beautiful!
Cari

Chell said...

I think these are very pretty and interesting. Good job..

Angela2932 said...

I like your third one the best! It's nice when the snow is in that pre-snirt (dirt & snow) phase, but sadly, snirt will come.

cherie said...

great conversions and nice compostions !!!

mjb said...

Great photos. Your husband sounds cute.

Liz said...

The second shot is great! I love the 'path' through the trees it really leads your eye through the photo.

Kelly said...

Conversions on these are great. Escpecially like the second one

Bobbi said...

These are all great. I really love that last one. Your conversion is spot on.

mamawest777 said...

Love the 2nd one! The composition really showcases the contrast between the darks and the lights!

Reds said...

Beautiful photos - especially #2

pakosta said...

i love the 2nd one a lot! it's gorgeous there huh?!
tara

Mandy said...

Oh I just love the second one. It seems like a whole story could be told from just that one photo!

Val said...

Love the second and third ones!

Becky said...

I think they're interesting too. I love the looks of bare trees against the sky.

Jen said...

I like these... kinda moody.....

Margaret said...

I really like these shots. So dramatic!