Thursday, February 21, 2008

POTD Feb 21

Well like many people on the 2peas board, we decided to try to get some eclipse shots last night. We have pretty decent gear now, so we hoped for a good outcome. We were still limited though and think this is probably the best we could do with the equipment we have.
One of the good things about living in a brownstone, is that we could climb up onto the roof which was nice and flat and set up the tripod away from any street lights. It was ridiculously cold. It was a joint effort by my husband and I. I'm sure he will leave a comment here claiming all the credit... and yes perhaps he did do all the settings, but I was the one who pressed the buton.

Anyway, its not real clear, but I kinda like that it looks like the moon has a glow rather than just being totally out of focus. We might look at getting an extender and might do better next time.

10 comments:

Amy said...

You (and your dh) did great! I love seeing the eclipse shots you all took since I missed it.

Bobbi said...

I am loving all these eclipse shots, great job!

Mom2Drew said...

Such pretty color here!

Mandy said...

I just love the color of the moon. Its so beautiful and almost pink. So nice.

Liz said...

Great job! I like the little bit of blur, it adds an ethereal quality to it.

pakosta said...

nice!!! i wish i would have tried this!
tara

Becky said...

Looks good! I like the pinkiness. It was definitely not easy to photograph, was it? I found it to be a good learning experience.

Travis said...

I think you have enough equipment to get a good moon shot. I think the fuzziness could be a focus problem. How where you focusing? When doing things like this, where the subject is really far away, you should use manual focus instead of auto focus. Just put the focus ring to the infinity side, the sideways eight, and your focus will be on every time. This is something you will find helpful when doing a lot of landscape shots too, because the scene is usually far enough away that infinity is where you want the focus to be. Nice job with the eclipse though, it isn't an easy thing to take a picture of.

Tera Fraley said...

Great shots!! Mine just looked like a glowing ball in the sky, but I dont have a good zoom.

Suzy said...

Very cool, I think this looks great!!