Saturday, May 31, 2008

POTD May 31st

A couple of things about yesterday. The first one is called a Bottle Brush Tree. It's proper name is Callistemon. I'm not sure if it is native to Australia. I always thought is was growing up, but don't quote me on that. I think you can tell why we call it a bottle brush tree.

Yep, the second one is a cactus. It's a pretty ordinary looking plant really, but this angle made it look really cool.

I am actually from Australia, so it was a trip home to see the family. We took the whole camera kit since my hisband is into photography too. The macro shots I took though were all in the in laws back yard.

Here are a couple more.



The first one is the handle of a rusty old Hills Hoist. Better know to the rest of you as a clothes line. I live in NY so I don't know if you have these sort in the rest of the country. I'll leave you guessing on the second one.

9 comments:

Amy said...

That hoist is awesome. I love old stuff like that.

pat said...

I've never seen a clothes line hoist! How fun. NO idea on what the green lime-looking thing is...interesting with the white "knob" protruding.

Joanne Fowler said...

Whatever they are, they make awesome shots!

Elsa said...

Beautiful photography! I have never heard of the hoist either. As for the green? looks like a lime having a moment.

Sandra Collins said...

wonderful macros

Reds said...

Love the rustic feel of the hoist - never seen a clothes line like that!! As for the second shot... a lime or an olive tree??!!

Chell said...

Oh fun captures. That second one must be a bud of soem sort, even though it looks like a Lime..

Jess said...

Ooh, I love the rusty hoist! The 2nd looks like a lime but I've never actually seen a lime on a tree so I wouldn't know, lol!

Margaret said...

Such cool shots. Love both of these.