Thursday, March 20, 2008

POTD March 20

Thanks for all your suggestions from yesterday. I guess there is good news and bad. The good news being that I am obviously getting better at all this, because all the suggestiosn were ones I had thought of and tried. The bad news is it wasn't all that effective.

I reposted the shot with the suggestions. The warming filter made a little difference. I had actually already applied it on the one from yesterday. I re-applied it again over the top, but it only made a little bit of difference. Here's the B&W also. I don't mind it, but it's just not what I was aiming to achiever with the shot.

I do think the blue cast was the main problem. I tried to get him to hold the umbrella back further but he wouldn't be in it.

My plan, is to try the shot all over again from scratch next time. Wish me luck.


19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is a great shot...hey...at least you caught the moment!
Cari

Chell said...

I love the B&W such a fun shot

Sharon said...

What a nice image!

--sme said...

I like the b&w. Isn't is frustrating when you have an idea in your head and you can't get the shot to look like it? The good thing is you now have an excuse to shoot shoot shoot! :)

Becky said...

Don't you just hate that when you get the photo set up the way you want but then can't get the effect? I like the b/w a lot, but I understand that you're dissatisfied because it doesn't match what was in your head. Interesting, I just read a quote from the photographer Diane Arbus: "I never have taken a picture I've intended. They're always better or worse."

April said...

i think that look really cute..i especially like the b&w.

Stacey said...

What a darling photo!

Margaret said...

I love the B&W for this shot.

Debbi said...

I really like the B&W - but I know what you mean about having the idea in your head! Photography can be disappointing at times - keep on trying, though! I can't wait to actually feel like I know what I'm doing in photoshop!

Mom2Drew said...

Isn't it wonderful that a BnW conversion can "fix" even the worst color cast? Nice job.

C said...

Cute shot... really like it B/W :)

Amy said...

I really like the b&w!

pakosta said...

i like it in b/w!!!
tara

Mandy said...

I love the B/W conversion! So fun.

Suzy said...

I like this shot a lot! I like the color best but it looks good both ways!

Tori said...

I prefer the b/w... love how converting to b/w makes color casts just go away! :)

Angela2932 said...

I like the b&w also. I really like how you played around with the suggestions to see how it might turn out. Most of the photos I shoot, I don't like, but SOME I eventually like!

Anonymous said...

Cute shot of him.

Kathryn Johnson said...

Have you tried playing with Curves to increase the contrast? Then you could go to levels and play with the blue and red channels to make it a bit warmer.